Houston Cy-Fair Lions Club
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world. Since 1917, Lions clubs have aided the blind and visually impaired and made a strong commitment to community service and serving youth throughout the world.
The Houston Cy-Fair Lions Club was founded in 1957 to serve the Cy-Fair community. The Lions Club motto is: We Serve. These are just some of the things we do in our community to make the world a little better:
- Run concession stand for baseball fields at William L. Bane Park (Little York/Gessner/Hwy 290 area)
- Purchase eye glasses & eye exams for children of the Cy-Fair School District who cannot afford to do this, "a child who cannot see the blackboard or the letters in a book will have a difficult time learning in school."
- Each Christmas we provide 50 families with baskets of food, including a turkey and all the trimmings.
- Support Wreaths Across America, selling live wreaths and placing them on the graves of our Fallen Soldiers at the Houston National Cemetery.
- Each summer we send physically challenged and Type 1 Diabetic children to the Texas Lions Camp in Kerrvillle, TX, for a week of camp at no charge to the child or family.
- Work closely to support several area Scouting organizations, providing youth with leadership and training.
- Support Cy-Fair youth in annual Lions Club scholarship competition.
And we do all of this while having FUN. We would love for you to join us and get energized in helping make this community a little brighter.